- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must possess strong collaborative, interpersonal, organizational, multi-tasking, verbal and written communication skills, and a desire to create a high-performance, effective team that can produce consistent, demonstrated results.
- Must demonstrate on an ongoing basis the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with co-workers and ministry leadership.
- Competencies needed for this position include strong interpersonal relationship skills, detail oriented, work in collaboration with others, demonstrate a high degree of integrity and personal commitment, possess strong analytical skills, be able to work independently and manage multiple deliverables at the same time.
- Ability to function in a matrix environment and demonstrate a passion to succeed be selfmotivated, dependable, committed, and a willingness to see a project through to its conclusion.
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to access all areas of the ministry throughout the work day.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, 25 pounds frequently and 7 pounds constantly.
- Required to obtain assistance of another qualified employee when attempting to lift or transfer objects over 25 pounds.
- Occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds above the head.
- Requires constant hand grasp and finger dexterity; frequent standing, walking, pushing and repetitive leg and arm movements, occasional bending, reaching forward and overhead, crouching and kneeling.
- Occasionally required to sit in a stationary position.
- Tolerate standing and walking for up to 8 hours at a time on hard and soft surfaces.
- Frequently able to communicate verbally and in written form.
- Frequently able to detect and discern both loud and soft sounds such as voices and phone calls.
- Frequently able to use all types of vision, such as close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception, to complete daily tasks.
- Constantly required to detect unusual odors that could indicate environmental issues.
Position is Category II of Potential Exposure, which includes tasks that involve no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues, but may require performing unplanned Category I tasks (expected exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues). OSHA Blood borne Pathogen Standard 1910.1030(c)(2)(i) more specifically defines Category II Potential Exposure as: Normal work Ascension Living – Nutrition Aide Page 3 routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues but exposure or potential exposure may be required as a condition of employment.
- Use of appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) should be readily available to employees engaging in Category II tasks.
- Work is generally performed in an indoor, well-lighted, well-ventilated, heated and air conditioned environment.
- Subject to frequent interruptions by staff, residents, visitors, and volunteers.
- Subject occasionally to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, staff, and visitors.